Downtown Master Plan
How do you imagine the future of our Downtown? Through this plan, we will collectively envision the future of Downtown Winter Park by:
- Focusing on Main Street and adjacent streets with the goal of making Downtown an all-season destination for residents and visitors alike.
- Building off the energy and pioneering spirit of the Winter Park community and embody its cultural values.
- Aiming to increase mobility, stimulate the economy and encourage environmental sustainability.
Plan Guiding Principles
- Culture: to become a family-friendly, year-round community that embraces arts & culture and mountain lifestyle through a cohesive, unpretentious Downtown.
- Mobility: to turn a highway into a welcoming main street that is safe and vibrant, has adequate parking, better connects Downtown to the resort and other outdoor experiences, and welcomes cyclists and pedestrians.
- Economy: to develop an entrepreneurial space that encourages new economies, promotes year-round employment, and generates everyday activation
- Environment: to remain a sustainable and conservation-focused community that is connected to the wilderness and surrounding nature
The boundary for the Downtown Master Plan follows Main Street from just past Village Drive to Kings Crossing Road. It spans roughly one block on each side of Main Street to encompass the adjacent streets, businesses and communities.
Public Engagement Process
Over the course of the project, three outreach events will occur to test ideas with the public, generate excitement and pilot design concepts. We will also be posting surveys and feedback from the events on this webpage and in the Scoop.
Event #2: August 1
Our second event was hosted at High-Note Thursday on August 1st to get more feedback from the public. People created their ideal streetscape for different sections for Downtown Winter Park, including Old Town, New Town, and the Northern Gateway. Use the hashtag #MyWinterParkMainStreet to share your thoughts about the existing and future options for Main Street.
And thank you again for your not only your energy, but your insight on what you would like to see in Downtown Winter
Survey was closed on August 23rd. Thank you to the 75+ people who responded to this streetscape visioning survey. If you have additional comments, please email project manager, Mara Owen at firstname.lastname@example.org with your thoughts!
Event #1: June 20
At our first event, we set up a table at High-Note Thursday to get live feedback from the public. People shared their opinions on design elements for Downtown through a visual preference survey, reported on where they came from, and what places they love, what places could be improved and where they park. Despite the rain, we had an incredible turnout and thank everyone for their energy and participation!
Event #1 Survey was closed on August 5th. Thank you to the 315 people who responded to this visual preference survey. If you have additional comments, please email project manager, Mara Owen, email@example.com, with your thoughts!