Special Events

Vendor Information

The Town of Winter Park is a busy place in the summer with events such as the Winter Park Jazz Festival and the Blues From the Top Festival. If you are a vendor planning on doing business at an event, please be aware that the Town of Winter Park requires all persons or companies conducting business or sales within the Town limits to have a current business license and remit sales tax to the Town.


To apply for a Special Event, please complete the Special Events Packet (PDF). The packet contains the necessary forms and information to apply for a special event permit in the Town of Winter Park. Please review the packet and contact Gerry Vernon with any questions at 970-726-8081 ext. 212 or email Gerry Vernon. All forms must be typed or printed legibly. All applications and any applicable fees should be submitted to the Town Clerk. Incomplete applications will not be accepted.

Business Licenses

The business license is valid for 1 year from the date of issue, allowing vendors to participate in events throughout the winter and summer seasons. Please click here for more information and to apply for a Business License. Complete the Business License Application and remit with your $60 check payable to the Town of Winter Park. Once the application and payment are received, your license and sales tax return form will be mailed to you, or you may arrange to pick them up at Town Hall. 


If you are planning on installing a tent for your event, please visit the East Grand Fire Protection District #4 website for information on required inspections and permits.

Sales Tax

Sales tax must be remitted within 30 days of the event. Fill out a Sales Tax Return (PDF) to submit your information and necessary payments.